- Be registered with a General Practice.
- Be offered a health check on joining the practice.
- Receive emergency care from the practice during surgery opening hours.
- Receive appropriate drugs and medicines.
- Be referred for a specialist opinion, where appropriate, and be referred for a second opinion if you and the GP agree this is desirable.
- Have the right to review your medical records, subject to the provisions of the Acts, and to know that those working for the NHS are under a legal obligation to keep the contents confidential.
- Choose whether or not to take part in medical research or medical student training.
- Receive information about local family doctor services through the Health Authority local directory.
- Receive a copy of the practice leaflet, setting out the services provided.
- Receive a full and prompt reply to any complaints about the services provided by the practice.
- Help us to help you.
- We would ask you to try to follow the medical advice offered and to take any medication advised.
- You should give the Primary Health Care Team the same courtesy you would expect to receive. In line with the NHS Zero Tolerance Policy, the administrative and clinical staff in this medical centre will not tolerate abusive behaviour, in any form, from our patients or from members of the general public. Any true aggression exhibited – physical or verbal – may result in patients being removed from the practice list and/or police involvement.
- You should be on time for appointments, or notify the practice in good time if an appointment cannot be kept.
- You should only request routine home visits for the housebound and the seriously ill.
- You should only request out-of-hours’ home visits for emergencies.
- You should request repeat prescriptions in good time.
- Please read our practice leaflet and our website if you have internet access. This will help you get the best out of the services we offer.
- You should take care of your own health by appropriate action, for example by not smoking, avoiding excessive alcohol and eating a healthy diet.